Saturday, January 1, 2011

News Year's Resolutions

Time goes so fast.  It's been a year since my type 2 diabetes diagnosis and I've learned a lot.  At times I've felt it to be like two steps forward and then a step back but I guess that's normal.   I've been stuck lately though and my A1c number went up a bit from 6 months ago.   I did finally start to take 500 mg of Metformin at night just to get my morning numbers down because despite all I do that so called "dawn phenomenon" just stays with me.  

I have resolved that this year I'm going to lose another 20-25 lbs and start using the PACE exercise program by Dr. Al Sears, to get into shape and strengthen my heart & lungs.   I want to get my A1c number down to below 6.0 and I want to stop taking the Metformin.  I'm hoping that losing the weight and committing to PACE will be the answer.  What is your resolution?

5 comments: