Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Controlling & Reversing with Supplements

Once again, I must add a disclaimer before I start. What works for me, works for me. It will not necessarily work for others in the same way. Please work with your doctor and never change any medications you are on just because you have started using supplements. Remember also, that diet remains a very important part of controlling diabetes. There are no miracle cures. That being said, I will share what has brought me from a 230+ fasting blood sugar to a 113 fasting blood sugar level in 5 months.

Again, my first and still most important addition to my diet was Chia seeds. The chia seeds have a perfect balance of omega 3 to omega 6. The seed is also loaded with fiber, protein and antioxidants. I can't possibly explain it all here so there is a link to it at the top of my page under favorite websites. Many of my friends and co-workers have started taking Chia seeds and have started recommending them to their relatives. It almost makes me wish that I could get paid a commission! But really, I'm just glad that they are using them too and that they have seen reductions in their weight, their glucose levels and their blood pressure.

The second supplement that I added which seemed to make things happen faster is 5000 IU's of vitamin D3 that also included a small amount of vitamin K. the vitamin K helps with the absorbtion of the vitamin D3. I found an increase in my weight loss and an increase in the speed that I saw my blood sugar come down when I added this supplement. I also take Magnesium and Calcium everyday.

After about 4 months, it seemed that my blood sugar and my weight was at a stand still. Not going any higher but not coming down more either. I needed to kick something into gear. One day when I was at the store refilling my test strips I happened to see a book on the shelf in the pharmacy section. It was called "Reversing Diabetes" by Dr. Julian Whitaker. I bought the book and started reading it. It is a great book and it led me to my next diet and supplement additions. More about those in some of my posts as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment